Introduction And Looking For Stiffer Springs For Sy250F

drca

Hi,

I just got myself a 2007 Scorpa SY250F here in sunny California.  I purchased it in Arizona and "imported" it to California.  If you are not from here, that's a whole process in itself, but that seems to have been taken care of...  that is until they change their mind (which is not unheard off, but we'll deal with that when that happens).

I am a novice in trials and my goal is really to use the bike to improve my enduro skills (my other bikes are a Husqvarna TE310 and a Yamaha WR450F).

Now, weight wise, the years haven't been kind to me and right now I clock at 230Lbs / 104 kg / 16.4 stones.  So, the suspensions on the SY have a tendency to hit the stops anytime I hit anything!

I was wondering if there is a source of heavier duty springs available for the fork and shock (US would be better, but I can import from Europe) and what spring rate would be recommended based on my level (beginner) and weight.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hey drca ,

I have just purchased the same bike as you and am looking for a picture of how wires are routed . Do you mind hleping me this by removing your tank and taking a pic of wiring ? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hey drca ,

I have just purchased the same bike as you and am looking for a picture of how wires are routed . Do you mind hleping me this by removing your tank and taking a pic of wiring ? It would be greatly appreciated.

I really wished I could help you but... every time I take the tank off it's an endless source of frustration to put it back in because of that wiring mess.  I even ripped out (literally) the little side plastic covers one day when I tried to get everything to fit.  To make matter worse, the throttle cable splitter fits in the same space and if it's wrong, it will bind and the bike will surge when the handlebar is turned.  

And today the bike is for sale, so as much as I would like to help, I am not going anywhere near that mess!

Good luck on that one and sorry I could not be much help.

DC