Beta leaking fuel and spark issues

frasernoob2017

Hi folks I'm ready for giving up with this 2000 beta rev 3 250 peeing fuel like its going out of fashion got it started ran a bit lumpy as carb needed set up no problem. Today I bring bike out kicked it for 20 mins nothing.  It's getting fuel but it's leaking more than using it and I'm at my wits end any ideas greatly appreciated 

I assume you mean it's leaking from the carburettor, not from a hole in the tank or pipe?

Check the float needle is seating correctly. Sometimes a quick rap or three on the bowl with a screwdriver handle can dislodge any crud if it's a rush job.

The tiniest amount of crud can hold the needle off it's seat and allow fuel to run past and overflow.

Edited by spen
Missed an upper case letter.

Mikuni has three tubes out of the float bowl. One is the actual overflow. It's the tube that comes out the bottom of the float bowl. The two brass fittings that come out of the side of the Mikuni are air vents to the float bowl. Beta made the mistake of using too long plastic tubes on these vents. The tubing goes below the floatbowl so if any fuel gets splashed up into the tubing it acts like a siphon and will keep peeing fuel until it's stopped or the tank runs dry. The solution is simple and free. Nipper a small hole in both tubes about half way  up the carb body. That way any fuel that gets splashed into the tube either runs down to the end of the tube or flows back into the float bowl but the siphon stops.

Edited by dan williams