Hello From Yorkshire

Karrie86

On 04/01/2018 at 9:02 PM, teddybattye said:

If you see a repsol montesa with silver wheels come and say hi

Hi!  I popped down to Tong earlier for a quick walk round, it wasn't that late but people where leaving. I'm definitely going to try and get to the next one. Well impressed with all the space! I discovered yesterday I have a puncture in my rear tyre and a few nasty gouges so I was hoping you could tell me where to get another fitted and what price I'm looking at including fitting? I've been looking online but I haven't a clue what I need :huh:

You can probably find someone at your local club who is willing to fit it for a little beer money (do they have a facebook group?).  Have a look for 4 x 18 trials tyres on ebay, just be aware that the Pirelli ones are a bit stiff (ok for distance riding, but not optimal for competing), and Michelins are considered the best by many people :)

Club trials usually start at 10am-ish, and will often be winding down by 2pm.  Super competitive people will often shoot through as quickly as possible, while people like me spend too much time falling off, mucking about, and eating chocolate, so end up being amongst the last to leave ...

EDIT: forgot to mention, if you have a puncture it may be that it's just the inner tube that needs sorting.  Sometimes they can be patched, so hold off on ordering anything expensive till you know!

Edited by turbofurball

Most local trials shops will offer a fitting service when you buy tyres from them 

it starts getting expensive if they have to remove the wheel from the bike.

the nearest to you would be 

B & B - Barnsley 

Trials UK - Horsforth 

RAS Sport - Brighouse 

Pennine Trialsport - Ripponden 

On 1/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, oni nou said:

Hello do this .....always do things yourself; its easier and you know its done properly ......you have never done it before and will probably be better at doing it than 50% of the people who you will take it to and who will take your hard earned money. It is simple to do and I mean simple...you can do it, just follow this video once you have bought all the tools....you can get them all on Ebuy ....they are not expensive and they will last you a life time;.plus you will learn a new skill.  CLIC on these...   https://youtu.be/_nWYrP-L14s   https://youtu.be/k290LeBasws   If you buy a rear tyre then only buy a Michelin x11 tubeless rear ....this is the best tyre for your bike Sherco 290.... do not choose a very cheap tyre they will not grip aswell as the Michelin X11 ...[it could get complicated discussing the differences between the few other brands that are suitable/available or the other Michelin Trials tyre called the X-Light[it is the same as the X11 but has a thinner casing and so is not as tough......... other makes may cause you problems for various reasons but the X11 will definitely not..

The video links where very helpful thank you. I'm definitely going to give it a go myself. I would like some opinions on my tyre if possible. It has a puncture for sure, it looks battered around the sidewall but I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like considering it spends its life mostly flat (remember I'm very new!) Can I not just put an inner-tube in there? I always repair things myself but these tyres are alien mostly flat weird things!

Anyway to me it looks like it should be replaced, but, if i can get away with just an inner tube for a bit as I'm a long way from hopping around on the back wheel. What do you think?

DSC_4217.JPG

DSC_4218.JPG

Given the amount of damage there, you really need to replace it otherwise you'll probably lose more inner tubes!  Ask at your local club if anyone has a good second hand tyre kicking around, as having rounded knobbles doesn't affect beginner riding very much :)