Kill button not working

russkwondo

Hi all,recently bought a trial bike its a 95 gas gas jt350 contact. None of the wiring was connected so ive done my best of what info i could find and got it sparking but the cut out button dosent seem to work,it sparks all the t8me even when it shouldn't, do i need a new button or have i missed something, ive got it wired to the black wire on the cdi and earthed the other wire,any help would be appreciated. thanks.

if you connect a wire to the connector in place of the switch and touch it to a good earth point, you will be able to see if the circuit works or not - if it does, you know there is an issue with the kill switch, if not, you may have another fault elsewhere. The Earth connection needs to be good too - make sure it is clean.

2 hours ago, markparrish said:

if you connect a wire to the connector in place of the switch and touch it to a good earth point, you will be able to see if the circuit works or not - if it does, you know there is an issue with the kill switch, if not, you may have another fault elsewhere. The Earth connection needs to be good too - make sure it is clean.

Hi mark, I'll try this.thanks for the help cheers mate,