Drag

manxlass

Does anyone know how to stop the drag on my bike. It is driving me up the wall. Not literally, I can't do walls yet :rolleyes: It's a 2003 125. It was really bad yesterday. Usually, it goes after the bike has warmed up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated by my husband, because I am driving him up the wall as well.

I managed to get rid of drag in my TXT280 by reducing the quantity of oil from 750cc to 650cc. I use TQF automatic transmission oil and change it quite regularly, usually when the drag starts to come back. After about 2 months the oil starts to lose it's properties and drag re appears. Hope this helps.

Air in the clutch system can also cause drag. The symptoms on my bike were that the clutch lever had to be pulled in right to the handlebar to make it release; even then it had more drag than it should have. It took me several tries at bleeding it before I got it right. It was very frustrating because I was never sure if the problem was elsewhere, or if I just wasn't getting all the air out. I hope you solve yours quicker than I did mine!