Techno Gearbox Oil Level

jonno

hi all,

just been cleaning/servicing my 1999 beta techno, and i noticed that under the filler plug for the gearbox oil there is like a clear bolt, i always thought this was like a level indicator, what should i be seeing inside it? as its clear and i can see a white thing inside, should i see oil inside this? as i cant so i just want to make sure my gearbox isnt about to seize!!!

any help would be great.

Jonny

Jonny, warm the bike up and dump out what oil is left in there for new, could do with a change by the sound of it. The window is a level guage and you should see oil in it especially if its been in there for a while. The rev 3 takes 550ml when empty and i think the Techno takes 500ml but may be worth checking with a Beta dealer

Yeah i think il take your advice and take a trip to lampkins tomorrow morning and get some oil and find out how much to put in, im sure i looked a week or two ago and it was black as if to indicate it was full, which slightly worries me, weres all that oil gone!? :)