Buying 05 Scorpa Sy 250

gasgasboy

After 1 year struggling with my previous bike it was time to change and a Scorpa will do the job nicely.I like the idea of an exhaust that wont burn my leg and no suspension linkages to grease.The handlebars are higher as well.Ill do more testing this weekend and post more info. :rolleyes::D

Hi Scorpa3

What an easy to ride bike.Its suspension sticks to the ground and stays on line.The motor purrs like a pussy cat and i can learn to live with the imprecise gearbox.It also seems easier to balance as well.Im happy and cant wait to ride again. :unsure::):D

I'm pleased that you are getting on with the new bike ok.

I really like mine, as I say; it flatters my limited ability.

The '05 I have now is the second Scorpa 250 I've owned, in between I tried a Gas Gas and a Beta but although both bikes were better than me, I seemed to always loose more marks than on the Scorpa.

That said, in the Midlands we rarely see a rock. It's always cambered banks and tree routes around here. Maybe things would be different I I lived further North.

My only gripe is the difficulty in removing the carb. It really isn't a job I'd want to do at a trial unlike the Gas Gas and Beta's where you could whip the carb off and back on again whilst waiting in a queue for the section if required.

GasGasBoy,

I have an 03 and love it. Get a carbonfiber rear exhaust guard. Mine cost me about $99 and is worth every penny. Before I got it I went home with blisters on my leg a few inched below the top of my boot after every ride. The big, thick, flat bash plate is another good investment

Ciao

Doug

• 3 weeks later...