Registering A Bike

eiger

I'm trying to register a TY250 Yam Pinkie which is a 93 model. I've got the dating letter from Yamaha UK and an MOT certificate on the frame number. I phoned Carole Nash Insurance today but they tell me that they can no longer issue an insurance certificate on the frame number and I need a registration number? :)

I tried the DVLA but after listening to an hours worth of pre-recorded messages I gave up until tomorrow. :unsure: Anyone out there who can give me some guidance?

Thanks, Eiger. :D

You will need insurance to register the bike and that's going to be final.

Try Carole Nash again and see if they will issue you a short period cover note and expain that you will forward the reg number as soon as you get it.

I used my local broker who went to Norwich Union and this was no problem. They just insisted that I supplied a number within two weeks.

yea no insurance no v5, instead of ringing up CN get down to the local broker on the street corner might give you a note for 28 days on the frame no. if not beg plead that you get the reg number later that day before they have to post the paperwork

my broker did just that left the paperwork out of the envelope till i turned up with the reg number later that day..