Kt Works Bike

hop blip and a jump

it wasn't that good when i got it,but still nice! a guy called tom who lived in thame( bucks) had it before me , he done it up. i didn't like it to ride! footrests very high also the extra weigted flywheel made it slow to respond to the throttle! dunno just didnt suit , much perferd the std kt250 to ride.

Edited by scotty

• 1 month later...

I had'nt done much on the KT for about 8 months, so i thought i should do some work!!!!!

I refurbished some bits and pieces fitted new wheel bearings and seals, bought new brake shoes and built the brake plates up, fitted all cables and refurbished the original throttle, fitted a new pair of njb rear shocks, new sammy miller front mudgaurd bracket and bought new mudgaurds and number board again!!!!

I bought them last year and ended up fitting them on a montesa i had!! DOH !

I went to the dirt bike show yesterday and bought 2 brand new michelins!! i hate buying tyres they're just so expensive.

I forgot to get a pair of inner tubes so i'll get some locally tommorow, hopefully she'll be on her wheels in a couple off days time!!!!! WOO HOO! :thumbup::)

This is what i've got left to do - fit tubes and tyres and wheels on to bike, sort the brake adjustment, paint the tank and side panels, get hold of new chain and sprockets, fuel pipe and some other bits that i can't remember!

I don't think this bike has been used for years, but i'm hoping i can finish it ready for the Boxing day trial.

• 1 month later...

Well i got the kt finished and did the boxing day trial today!!!!

Even though i haven't had any time riding trials in the last year i did ok and finished on 33 marks which isn't to bad, the bike ran perfectly all trial, and i had some nice complements about it!!

it's a shame my clutch finger was aching for the last 8-9 sections or i would have done a bit better.

I was the only kawasaki rider at the event!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was told by my friend i bought it from, that bob gollner had looked at it and the first few works bikes were red!!!

Thats why i did it red! he also told him they didnt have the stripe on the tank and side panels, just the K logo and kawasaki on the tank in white!!!!

So i rebuilt it to what info i had.... :wacko:

He was supposed to get hold of some old pics but i have'nt had any yet.