Head's Up!

Received these two today, I don't have an account with either of them so knew it was a scam from the get go, what they want you to do, is fill out your info to reactivate your account if you do have one, then rob you blind.

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that we had to lock your account access because we have reasons to believe that it may have been compromised by outside parties.

In order to protect your sensitive information, we temporarily suspended your account access.

Click here to reactivate your account access and confirm your identity by completing the secure form what will appear.

This is a security measure that will ensure that you are the only person with access to the account.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Please do not reply to this message. For any inquiries, contact Customer Service.

Document Reference: (4137643).

Citizens National Bank of Texas N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.

Copyright 2006 Citizens National Bank of Texas, N.A. All rights reserved.

and the other one

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

September 24, 2006: We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-152-387-186.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I restore my account access?

Please visit the Resolution Center and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations."

Completing all of the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.

About SSL Certificates

Copyright

Received these two today, I don't have an account with either of them so knew it was a scam from the get go, what they want you to do, is fill out your info to reactivate your account if you do have one, then rob you blind.

It's called phishing.

Send the e-mail with complete headers to spoof@paypal.com

Whenever I send anything to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com, I always get a response. Actually, usually two--the first acknowledges receipt of the e-mail, the second confirming that it was, in fact, phishing.

If I get a phishing e-mail, I always spend it to spoof@ so they know their company is being targeted, and maybe they can figure out who's doing it.