Pre-65 Entry Forms

highland lassie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Thanks again Big"J"

It as just occurred to me that Inverness as cropped up several times this year,after I found my son a camp site there on is journey.(www.Edgeofbritain.com).

A bike, and a Two Day Trial. Is it fate or something, or are the Gods of Pre65 smiling upon me at the moment ( didn't think I had done Sammy any favers). Even maneged to buy a copy of the BIble though from E-Bay this week.(Don Morley's, Classic British Trials Bikes).

Regards

Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

Hi Guys.

Looks to me I have done Sammy and Howard a faver and myself.

(Ps) just looked at Scott Ellis's ultimate frame in new book this makes it more unbelievable why these frames are not exceptable.

(PS) again.

After studying the "Book". I Quote, The last batch of C15T's were built in 1963,and the works riders substituted the production frame for the Victor Oil in the frame version.

After using a big magnifiying glass on the pic of Scott Ellis's frame, It looks to me it used a Tiger Cub sub frame and a C15 or B40 s/arm.

I'm sure we met Scott on this bike at the St Davids trial in 1965, which means the frame was built before that by Harry Foster. Prove me wrong.

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

Hi Guys.

I must get a life.

But.

Anyone with a copy of "The Competition Motorcycle" Refrence Library-Vol 1.

Go to page 29.The Early Years of the Pre 65 Scottish.

Now to page 30 "ken Sedgeley" Note bottom end of motor.

Now Page 31 "Martin Lampkin on Ex-Works BSA, Note bottom end again.

Page 38"Jim Sandiford" Note You got it.

And the page 41 for the big one. " Alan Lampkin" Weighs up the section ahead, With the Oil In The Frame BSA 250 and Note, I'll say no more.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guys.

I was told I was a law unto myself by someone I had upset.Are well can't win um all,as we say in North Oxfordshire.

Back to the plot then.

From The Wikipedia, I quote.

From 1959-1964 the distributor was driven by a worm gear. A worn distributor drive combined with a weak timing spring,ETC, is a well known cause of lumpy running. This was addressed with the (1965 "F" engine )when the points were moved to the end of the camshaft. ---------------------

Regards Charlie.