Techno Carb Problem,

jonno

Hi all,

i have a problem with the carb on my 99 techno, when ever u turn the fuel on, weather it be on reserve on normal the petrol just pi*ses out as fast as it comes in, the bike runs fine ect but petrol just pours out of the overflow pipe thingys! any ideas what could be the cause/ how to stop it? any help would be great.

many thanks

Jonno, either the floats are stuck, may be able to release them by tapping the float bowl gently or the petrol/shut off needle is dirty or again stuck. You will have to clean it all out thoroughly to be sure, 20 min job best with an air line

Not sure of the Techno carb but once off spray the outside of the carb with cleaner if there is any muck on it, this will save more crap getting into the carb once dismantled.

Remove the float bowl carefully and turn the top part of the carb body upside down on the bench.

Make sure the float chamber/floats etc are clean and spray with carby cleaner, remove the drain plug and blow everything out with the air line.

Next bit if you have nt done one before (main Carb body) dont go pulling bits off without making sure you know where they go back. The pilot jet will need cleaning and main jet along with fuel shut off needle which I think is the cause of your problem. Remove all three making sure you know where they go back, spray all the jets with cleaner and thoroughly blow out with the air line, make sure you dont fling the pilot jet the other end of the shed whilst blowing it out as it will take you 6 hours to find it.

Spray the inside of the carb body and jet holes/passageways opposite to fuel flow if possible and blow everything through will the air line. Refit the jets and needle and then attatch the fuel line to the carb body, dont put the float chamber on yet. Hold the carb level as it would be on the bike and hold the float tangs up so it allows the fuel needle to close,switch the fuel tap on, if fuel is still coming out the needle may be badly worn or not seating correctly due to dirt etc. If no fuel leaks take the pipe off and re fit the float chamber and carb back on.

me and a mate set to tonight and think we managed to sort it, well i say we, he did it while i watched and went 'ohhhh' haha. but its not leaking now, see if it starts and runs tomorro morning now!

thanks for all the replies :D

Jonno