Places To Learn To Ride Trials Around Sheffield Help Please

firestarter1977

hi all

thanks for all the good info fellas, also appreciate the offers for a trial on a trials bikes lol!!!

i would deffo be up for meeting at a local practice spot if anyone fancied it as i am keen to learn about the sport with a view to buying my own bike very shortly .

dougie

think something very sedate would suit me for a beginner lol

our lass knows where the practice spot near hoyland is i will have a drive past and see if i can see anyone there sometime failing that i will wait and see if some of the locals are gunna arrange a meet !!!

heres a question for you all . what size bike would you recommend for a starter. i would have guessed 250 and the most i can afford but then i am only going on my experience with MX and realise trials is a different can of worms

thanks again for your help

regards mark

I doubt you will see anyone just by driving by. I should be there not this weekend , but next week end, if i am there and you want to have a look and a blast on the bike, just let me know and i will arrange a meet with you.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo i could be up for coming over for awhile,

i drove to the spot dougie,

all the lorries were on the left and i could see the land behind. All covered by trees...

...i thought surely i cant just drive into the yard, so i went under the bridge and left next to the woods and up the road, and pulled up in a layby just up the hill, where theres like a carpark. which has been blocked off as its right next to the railway.

So how do you get to this land and where on earth do you park ? as it was all fenced off and a railway track in the way ??

Firestarter.

im 21 and when i was 15 i had a couple of **** bikes that lasted a year and never worked properly...for my 21st bday and uni graduation i got a GG 280 pro as a pressie and as my first real working modern bike, and i can handle it really well ! you have to respect the machine. some may say that the 05 version is softer in power then earlier ones. and ive been riding since feb and i love it

my brother has the same experience as me and just bought a raga rep as his first bike !! 300cc and its fantastic, a handful but so worth it and controllable to us

If you have repect for the bike and are confident in your ability to ride, ill think you'll be fine on pretty much anything.

but the general thought is a 250, cant go wrong with it as it will do anything you ask it to do

Matt

Edited by Magicmat

ooo i could be up for coming over for awhile,

i drove to the spot dougie,

all the lorries were on the left and i could see the land behind. All covered by trees...

...i thought surely i cant just drive into the yard, so i went under the bridge and left next to the woods and up the road, and pulled up in a layby just up the hill, where theres like a carpark. which has been blocked off as its right next to the railway.

So how do you get to this land and where on earth do you park ? as it was all fenced off and a railway track in the way ??

You can go straight through the yard, its a right of way. i also know wher you was parked, if you know where to go yo can access it from there too. or you could carry on from where you was parked go down the hill and the road bends to the left, just as it straightens up, on the left you can park there too at the bottom of the woods, there is a few rocks at the bottom to block the enterance for cars. i will probably be up there next weekend.

shame about the damage fella hope it isnt too expensive to repair !!!!!!

Dougie..... if you are going over on sunday i would be free to come across and have a look, if you let me know where to meet you and a rough time ?

regards mark

PM me your mobile number and i will call you sunday morning.

Have fun guys,

I already arranged to go riding somewhere else on sunday. but i have just accepted a temp job at meadowhell at virgin megastores !

...my degree went far hey !.... so i dont know if ill even be playing this weekend !

have fun :hyper:

Hey,

Have you guys heard about dean head farm ? its in oxspring just outside penistone,

Have fun guys,

I already arranged to go riding somewhere else on sunday. but i have just accepted a temp job at meadowhell at virgin megastores !

...my degree went far hey !.... so i dont know if ill even be playing this weekend !

have fun :hyper:

Hey,

Have you guys heard about dean head farm ? its in oxspring just outside penistone,

HaHa,

well if we end up meeting a dean head farm i could take orders :hyper: 20% is quite a nice discount but i still reckon play.com will be cheaper.

Dougie, whats at this place ?? the one that you;ve been discribing ?

is it basically an old railway cutting ?

Mat

HaHa,

well if we end up meeting a dean head farm i could take orders :hyper: 20% is quite a nice discount but i still reckon play.com will be cheaper.

Mat

HaHa,

Mat

HaHa,

Mat

I'm not deaf, you don't have to repeat yourself :hyper::D

Yes its the place i have been talking about. The railway runs along side it, its part woods, part old pit works i think, mainly woods, and access to other parts by the old pit top. nothing like dean head tho, its just local and a change is as good as anything.