Acu Training System

as iow

I do like to like to try to keep a positive slant on things as i think it's always very easy to slate a governing body. I think it's a good move to reduce the amount of work to get a coaching certificate as long as it keeps the safety level to a minimum requirement.

I do think there may be a few people a bit miffed from last year having jumped through (many) hoops to embrace the new system, their work was, not pointless, but certainly somewhat wasted.

I think we're moving back in the right direction.

OK - I said I would get actual facts on ACU Club Instructor Procedure.

This is for Club/Centre not Commercial.

Applicant completes form - Club and Centre confirm suitability/ standard/experience of applicant.

Applicant attends One-Day Practical Instructot Certification Course & Assessment.

Fee for this - if arranged with a few others in Club/Centre ( up to 4 _ Usuially Free

Applicant must complete and return Distance Learning Pack based on Rider Training Guidlines ( Child Protection, Risk Assessment, Dury of Care etc)

Send is 2 passport photo's, a current First Aid Certificate and

This a great step in the right direction and will no dought help clubs to keep those riders who have a go, and then find trials a bit to hard for them and drift away. It seems that all the suggestions at the start of this topic have been implemented, we now all have a voice in the ACU ie John Collins so with people power Via this fourm British trials looks like haveing a bright future. Some times it takes a prat like me to say or do something stuped to get things done, but there is usually a method i our maddness :wall:

I'm not arguing that lads and lasses like Alexz Wigg et al aren't doing a good job at ridding or doing by default PR for the sport

what i am contending is that there is a quantifiable, provable, financial link between en masse funding for youth or just "top level" and some kind kind of return for the ACU

sure its great getting good PR for the sport but how does that actually help us to achieve our objectives ???

i wouldn't go so far as to say I'm "anti youth" :wall: :-

a) i just don't advocate spending more of our scarce resources on this avenue, i identify another avenue as being more pertinent, relevant and "sell able" to the majority of our members

:wall: i fail to make the financial link between money on youth training of once kind or the other and increased future revenues for the ACU

but there is usually a method i our maddness :wall:

we all hope ! :wall: - nice one everyone - sitaution (appears) resloved