Wtc Gb Venue

dale

I know of a great place, Cowden in Sussex. This is a popular venue with events like a Youth National , Centre trial, Combine plus countless other events. The land has so much potential even the Youth National trial doesn't make good of the terrain.

Very hard to find a replacement. Dunno what the full requirements are, but I would imagine that a good start for the ideal place would be:

'Fairly' Central to the UK to attract most spectators.

Sections worthy of a world round - perhaps supplemented by man made.

Sections close together.

Good viewing for spectators including safety

Parking for 4000? vehicles.

Camping for x000 pi55 heads

Access roads which can support the sort of vehicles which may be needed to support (building sections, carrying stages, team trucks), and the number of spectators.

Running water - although possible to get round I know it's a consideration.

I'm sure there's others, but that's a start. I can't think of anywhere at the moment.

I know we have somewhere local that's been considered (even more local than Hawkestone), but it would need a fair bit of work to fit in with the majority of the requirements above.

From what I hear, there may have been some sort of headway with locals at Hawkestone, but my info may be out of date on that one (He may have recovered :( - Joke!)