Sherco 290 Replica

spud

Got the Raga 300 and have rode the 290 Cabs. I'm thinking of changing to the Cabs because the suspension and steering were a lot better. However the Power difference between the bikes is massive, the 290 Cabs I thought was a lot less powerful to the point of being disappointing. I've heard of someone altering the ignition timing, which in effect made the bike more zippy. Anyone know how this can be done?

All I can say is I have not heard of such. Maybe the timing is set back already as some (read most ) like it that way to settle the bike in the sections.

The normal 2.9 is very smooth yet very powerful!

And I happen to have a '06 GG 300 sitting here(buddys bike) that I rode a bit over the weekend that seems to me roughly the same as the 2.9 sitting next to it! Bit different in the torque curve! Both will put you on your backside quickly! :hyper:

Spud,

The Ryan Young web-site has a link to a very detailed description of how to alter the timing on a Sherco.

I've had quite a few Shercos and the 'range' on the timing can totally transform the bike to what ever you require.

Spud,

The Ryan Young web-site has a link to a very detailed description of how to alter the timing on a Sherco.

I've had quite a few Shercos and the 'range' on the timing can totally transform the bike to what ever you require.

I knew there was a way of doing it