Montesa 330 Parts Needed

steve

Last of the real Mont's, before Honda stepped in. Very much sought

after in Spain by the suppa suppa experts in the twinshock championship

class, sections staight up and straight down..... Not for the faint hearted

hence the need for all that grunt.... You can find a wreck in northen Spain

for 300 to 4OO quid but a good one sells quickly to the good guys who

then go out and turn it into a wreck!

It might sound ridiculous,but I'm wondering if that rearwards facing fork trick is somebody's idea of shortening the wheel base in an attempt to make the thing turn inside a euro!.

Love the crazy colour scheme on the shock's though.

Sorry I can't help with the air box problem but I seem to remember seeing a section on the Todotrial website that allows you to download the workshop manual for a number of the older Montesa's(more than likley in spanish-but the exploded diagrams and capacities/settings should be de-sipherable anyway)

Cheers, :huh:

Thanks Stu - Nice to know the bike is sought after.

Spencey - I have a copy of the original parts manual that the previous owner bought from Sandifords, I believe they sell them for a reasonable

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good site, I needed a babelfish translation but found some good info about the 330 on there. Thanks Gaff.

As the search isn't going too well for an airbox I have started to make one out of alloy. Problem is I have never done anything like this before. Here is what I have so far, when it's finished a friend will weld it up for me. What do you think?

post-13-1081687653.jpg

• 19 years later...
On 3/13/2004 at 2:01 PM, steve said:

I have just bought a Montesa Cota 330. I believe it is a 1985 model but that's just a guess at the moment.

The bike is a non runner at the moment but almost complete. The previous owner said it ran but not too well, they thought it was carb so fiddled with it and now can't start it at all!!

The first thing I noticed was the air box is missing and someone has fitted a aftermarket foam filter.

Does anyone know of an airbox for sale?

The second thing I noticed was the whole fork and wheel assy. has been fitted backwards!! Handling would be interesting and the brake next to useless as it's relying on the trailing edge. From this I have deducted the previous owners have little knowlage of bikes.

So I remain open minded as to what I may find on closer inspection.

One final observation, what a beast this thing is!! Physically it's very large, the ground clearance is massive. I can't wait to get her running to see what sort of power the 327cc engine gives.

If anyone can give me any more info on this model then I would be gratefull.

Steve