Monty V. Beta

skid

2000 beta rev3 270 v. 2000 montesa 315r

non trials rider thinking about getting a t bike for cross training and playing.

Have pics of both

beta looks show room mint, literally looks right off the floor. $2000

3 hours away = 6 hour round trip to check out

315r has been ridden but looks very good and has many new parts. same owner for the last 5 yrs used as playbike. asking $1900

1 hour away = 2hour round trip to check out.

I'm looking for something that is easy to take care of as my enduro bike is my main ride and i don't want a bike I gotta wrench on all the time. ride/play around on it and roll it into the shed till next time. from what i've read the tesa/honda is the easiest to look after so i'm leaning that way. Still the beta looks brand spankin new!

Any big difference in how these bikes would ride/behave?? Especially in the hands for a noob??

thoughts and opinions please.

Thanks

If you're looking for a bike that will happily absorb a diet of No Maintenance, the Montesa shines due to Honda quality standards. But, if you get the Beta, I'm sure you'll be totally happy with it, as they are also well-made machines, but the don't have a company such as Honda behind them.

As far as performance goes, the Montesas are generally mellower and, therefore, easier to ride than their Beta 270 counterparts. I have a 1998 Montesa Cota 315R and it still feels good to ride.

You've got a good choice, so no matter which machine you choose, you'll make the right decision. :lol:

Edited by MalibuDon

I just bought a 2001 Montesa 315 R and I to am a novice. I'm a Honda guy, so the choice was easy. I LOVE making bikes LOOK good, however, I don't like working on them just to keep them running (that is not a hit on the other bike, I know nothing about them). My bike is in near mint condition and RUNS GREAT. I hear that the resale value is greatest on the Montesa ? Honda has something to do with that. I vote: ... Montesa.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck. Jim

I love the Rev 3 however i`ve not riden a mont and would definatley say it`d be second on my list of bikes I want! Although be careful with a 2000 rev 3 as from what i hear they had a few issues what with it being the first year of the model. Upside down fork issues is the first that springs too mind

Edited by barrybaines