Fantic Section 80

gaver19

Anyone ever owned or ridden one of these, thinking of buying for 11yr old. It would be her first geared bike. A lot cheaper than say a beta 50 more modern than a ty 80, i thought it might suit for 12 months or so. I have a few fantics so am aware of the spares issues, its on an auction site at the moment. Any feedback good or bad welcomed thanks Gary

I have a 1993 clubman Model so it may be similar. It is light, with nice soft suspension and great brakes. The clutch pull is easy and it has a smooth shifting gear box. It kicks over and starts easily for my 100 lb daughter. It even has a little more ground clearance than my 02 Sherco. This is the only 80cc Trials bike I have really ridden so it is difficult to compare the power to something else. It has somewhat of a dual personality. The low and mid range is smooth and linear but the top end power has a significant bump in power. Max power to weight ratio is similar to a TLR200 but that bump is not very wide. It is quite manageable when it comes on to that bump (sort of "on the pipe") but can surprise you if the rpms drop and you fall off the pipe at a time you need all of that power. I rode it in a trial but weigh 160lbs so there were a couple of things it could not do. I suspect it would be well suited to someone closer to 100 lbs.

Mine is actually for sale but I'm in the US.