Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now ?

tdm900

Gving some thought to returning to the trials scene.

I started a long time ago - 27 years to be precise - and gave up when the born again road bike bug caught me.

I have been attending trials over the last year as either a spectator of observer and although I enjoyed it. it's not the same as actually competing.

Thing is, if I'm going to take trialsing up again, i don't knpw what type of bike to buy. I don't have a wadge of money ( kids at uni, etc) but I'm not going to skimp and buy a nail.

I quite fancy getting myself a twinshock fatic or the like and then compete on the clubmas course, but will I end up frustrated with the bike ?? Also it sems to me that the twin shock scene is becoming a tad overpriced ( thanks perhaps to evil-bay).

So should I drag my old, fat body back into trials and what bike should I buy ?

Thanks for the positive responses guys, thing is, I'm not without a certain amount of bulk or girth nowadays, the the concept of having an easily managed and maneuverable modern bike is largely irrelevant

You may have heard of the expression " a pea on a drum", well putting my body on a modern trials iron could be described as " a drum on a pea"

Don't think about it, just do it, you won't regret it. Go for a comparatively modern watercooler as the light weight and good suspension are much easier on an ageing back as I found out when going from a long-owned Pinky to a 200 Beta. A 200 should be enough if you can get one. I imagine an adequate modern bike could be had for about

Don't worry about the girth. I am a bit round and have a blast. I have also seen many large guys (read this as muscular or round) competing that are extremely good riders. Besides the more rider there is the better the traction. HAHAHA If you ride often enough you will more than likely shed a little of the girth anyways. Get back into it and have a great time.