Registering Older Bikes

spencey

Has Anyone got any experience with trying to re-register an older tirials bike?.I'm trying to sort out this problem with my 85 Fantic that has been registered in the past but the documents have gone missing.The DVLA stance on the job is to get the bike MOT'ed on the frame no.,get insurance cover then approach the local office fill in the necessary paperwork,pay for the tax disc,and they then issue a Q plate.

The problem I'm having is trying to get insurance cover;

A because the bike does'nt yet have a registeration mark

B because when it does it'll be a Q

C because "We don't insure Trials bikes"

All this hassle even though the MOT itself was almost a formality!.

If anybody has had these problems recently,and/or can recomend an insurance company or broker that can help I'd be well made up.

The only other option is to use the reg plate and tax disc off the van which is exactly what they're trying to stop.

Help me people,I just want to get dirty on a Sunday!

Cheers, :lol:

Hey Spency you FAGGOT!! :o

Got my Scorpa and my Kawasaki insured through Carol Nash, I'm just in the process of getting the Scorpa on the road, they gave me a cover note just on the frame number until I get a plate then I've got to ring them and tell the new reg number.

Check them out at

http://www.carolenash.com/motorcycle.shtml

The TY is insured with Footman James :

http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/site/default.asp

try them as well, I must admit though the folk at Carol nash know there bikes alright (they knew what a Scorpa was)

Come on dude, get it togethor, the Welsh round is only next Saturday!! I'm looking forward to kicking you butt again :huh::wacko:

Oswestry Sunday????

Edited by Marky G

Cheers Gayboy,Sunday's out because i've got to go and start to mark out the route for the South Shrops. event in 3 weeks(new venue).

I tried Carol Nash earlier today and got nowere,same with everybody else.Its frying my head Dude,it never used to be this difficult.

If I get nowwhere legally I'm just gonna have to play the White Man.

Rude I know,but what can you do? :huh:

EAT MY SHORTS,

Spencey

Cheers Gayboy,Sunday's out because i've got to go and start to mark out the route for the South Shrops. event in 3 weeks(new venue).

I tried Carol Nash earlier today and got nowere,same with everybody else.Its frying my head Dude,it never used to  be this difficult.

Looking forward to your trial........is there going to be any streams??

The 125 should be ready by then, so hopefully I'll be on it.

I know what you mean with the road thing, The last time I rode a road trial I used the good old 'moped insurance' I was insured for any bike all for

Where on earth do you get "Moped insurance"?

More to the point are the organisers even likley to check your details when you sign on?.Hope not!.

Check your e-meither Dude I've lost your phone no.

p.s Yes the whole 10 sections are based in and around the stream.Should be good this year,we've got 4 new venues!. :huh:

As far as I know there's not a standard insurance policy in the UK which will cover you to ride in a competition.

People may think they're covered and have that warm feeling, but they're no better off than someone without insurance.

Most road trials should (not sure if they actually have to) offer day insurance at about

Just tried Footman James for an online quote for my Sherco 290. They don't recognise Sherco yet, but we'll see if they quote tomorrow. Recognise Scorpa though ???  No accounting for taste :o

>As far as I know there's not a standard insurance policy in the UK which >will cover you to ride in a competition.

>People may think they're covered and have that warm feeling, but they're >no better off than someone without insurance.

Your right Gaz, I'm not insured when "offroad in a comp" but I am covered for the trip's on the road between groups and I wouldn't like to chance a a run in with the old bill for no insurance :huh: I was just happy to get insurance at a decent rate to cover my bikes.

My Scorpa and my Kawasaki KLX650 are both insured with Carol Nash for a cost of

Not sure that you'd be covered in between groups as you are still taking part in an event at the time?

Someone recently suggested hanging Tesco's bags off the bars just so you can go with the "Just out shopping" story :huh:

Bit awkward on the steeper sections but handy for carrying your lunch with you.

Not sure that you'd be covered in between groups as you are still taking part in an event at the time?

I asked the question to the nice lady from Carol Nash, and she did say that I was insured between groups......or else why bother getting it in the first place :wacko:

Got the Yam Taxed yesterday :huh: all ready for the Welsh round in Rhayder this Saturday.....hope the weather hold out :o

I did'nt Know you could still get 'event insurance',i suppose that would have been the way to go.Looks like I'd better try Carole Nash again.

I think your gonna be on your own again on Sunday,Mark me old china, (the fork seals have gone big time).I've got to go over to Goodies on Saturday to get some bits so hopefully he'll have a set.

I'll just have to aim for the victory trial instead

Cheers :huh: