First Mot For My 315?!

koevoet

My 315R is due its first MOT at the end of the month. The front light and the horn are all disconnected (have been since I bought the bike in may),there is no rear brake light.What is the scoop for the MOT I believe that I can get a daylight MOT but must the horn work and the speedo be connected (also disconnected when bought,but apart from a cable I think that I have the bits to get that going!).The bike is road legal hence the MOT.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Oh and Happy New Year all!!

:icon_rendeer:

yes you can get day light mots but i think you need a spedo and a horn at a minamum oh and not shure about a rear brake light think you might need it on tho

your best bet wold be go to the mot test station and ask there

Edited by jamie stokes

I have an old 348 which carries an MOT and my understanding is that the bike must have the following:

Number plate, brake light (as it is capable of more than 30mph), horn, speedo, legal tyres and all the other normal bits. Don't forget anything that is on the bike must work so the headlight must either work or be removed.

Hope this is of help.

ok the answer is for daylight mot..

no lights

no speedo

electric horn req.

dont need a number plate

as said earlier nip down to the garage where you will get it done and talk to them the rules are the same everywhere but if you can have a word with the guy (girl) who's actually going to do the test that cant hurt can it

ok the answer is for daylight mot..

no lights

no speedo

electric horn req.

dont need a number plate

as said earlier nip down to the garage where you will get it done and talk to them the rules are the same everywhere but if you can have a word with the guy (girl) who's actually going to do the test that cant hurt can it

<_< You defo need a number plate

Thanks for the help folks, I have not had a chance to look into this as I am out of the country just now. I had hoped that I would not need a rear brake light as there is not one fitted,there used to be provision under the highway code for hand signals....... will need to look at the horn wiring when I get back too,the speedo is fitted but needs a cable and the drive fitted too.wil try and find a friendly local garage. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Bikes booked in for saturday morning,had a wee wordy with the bloke at the garage, hes happy as long as the horn works (need to fix that this week!) and I fit a rear reflector and get a rear facing number plate (YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE,ready to fit). daylight MOT...so stick duct tape over the headlight to save removing it and tape over the switch gear so it cant be used " what you do five minutes after you leave here is nothing to do with me" :wacko: still got to pass though,lets not get over confident..