Clutch Not Engaging

jaycare

took my bike out for a spin on saturday only to find that for some reason my clutch wasnt dis-engaging fully.

i was out on it the previous week and everything was fine,i let the bike warm up but as i knocked it into gear she was still pulling away as i had the lever pulled.

should i try bleeding it, or is it more serious???

Edited by jaycare

When you bleed the clutch make sure that as well as bleeding the air from the line you also bleed the slave cylinder by holding the clutch lever in and then opening the bleed nipple, the clutch spring then pushes fluid/air back out of the slave cylinder. When I did this with my Pro i got some air out of the slave cyl & along with using the right oil (you are using the right oil?) this sorted out my dragging clutch.

I used to use Putoline light gear oil and couldn't get rid of the clutch drag completely, switched to ATF and it is far better, I even had to adjust the clutch lever because the clutch was engaging too far out.

Just bleed it stubbornly, and put the bike sideways so the clutchcover is facing up a little, so a little air bubble cld rise from there aswell.

Offcourse contamination of the masterseals etc cld be the problem aswell.

So in case of no succes dismantle and clean the whole lot of it.

Btw we use ATF in the gearbox but DOT 4 in the clutch system for 2002 Pro's.

Edited by gasgas