Look What I Got On Ebay

cg125

I've got my first trials bike, and I'm looking forward to falling off it. My last bike was a Honda Africa Twin, which weighed well over three times as much as the Beta!

beta.jpg

There seem to be a few trials clubs near me Worthing, Bognor, Horsham, Reigate so should manage to get to a few events. I feel that I really need a nice flat field to start with though :wacko:

Nice one cg, looks very tidy. May be worth getting some plastic bars ends asap, will save the grips from the offs in the next few weeks. Slightly loosen the bolts holding the front brake and clutch levers to the bars just enough so they will give instead of breaking a lever. Have fun :wacko:

Hiya,

Looks like a nice bike, You'll hopefully really enjoy it once you've got the hang of it, clubs are really helpful to beginners so don't be afraid to pop along; even just go along to watch a couple to get an idea of what you're up against.

Another maintenance tip is to pop the plastic flywheel cover off after you've washed it to let any water evaporate out, it may save you the expense of a corroded stator.

Enjoy it,

Bob

The tip about loosening the levers on the barts is a good one - saved me several lever brackets over the years. I've had to re-tighten the clamps to placate one or two over-zealous scrutineers in my time, but it doen't take long to slacken them off again before riding the trial.

The Steve Saunders repsol/SXS fork stickers are less than a tenner, look great and are excellent for protecting the forks from scratches and knocks. They are thick motocross style decals and the glue is awesome. A good investment I'd say. You might want to buy the plastic fork protectors but they are not as cheap. :D

Yes, I didn't even contact the seller.

I was specifically looking for a Rev 3 200, and the price seemed good for a 2004 (but not too good to be true!). The seller had good feedback, and the advert didn't set any alarm bells ringing so I went for it.