Bantam Trials Project

neoman23

Hi TM, Yeh, it's taken a while but I got it summat like these days. So now it's just me inconsistency that drags it down, y'know, clean one then next one me head's away with the fairies... :-)

Hi odgie

Quality website mate - I laughed and laughed at some of the yarns and pics of broken motors!! :blink:

Then I realised, I have some video footage of you riding the C11 in the 2000 Pre-65 Scottish complete with running commentary. :banana2:

Let me know if your interested and I could 'digitise' it and mail it to you for inclusion on your site.

Cheers UB :rotfl:

Thanks for the nice comments - yeh, I always laugh when I blow a motor up (once you've done drag racing it becomes second nature...). I'd love to see the footage (although 'digitising' sounds like a lot of effort?) but I don't think my site would stand having it on, it's already kinda tight on bandwidth (cos I bought a cheapskate one...) (and I wouldn't know how to include it anyway, I'd sooner build ten bikes than create another website, proper blood sweat and tears that was...). Glad I made you smile tho :-)

odgie I have seen a similar bike, I think it was a cub chassis with a Tina scooter motor in it around Gloucestershire a while back. You have a nice bike there mate. :blink:

Thank you. Since I built mine I've heard tell of one or two - plus there was one built ar the BSA factory way back I believe (although the bosses were none too happy apparently...)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group,

Well this weekends Trials was in the pouring rain. Every hill was 4" deep in mud - not good for the old 59 Bantam. Slogged through as best I could - at least tried every section. Didn't see the results, may have finished 3rd in class.

Note on Cub wheel: A Cub rear wheel is a direct bolt on to a Bantam. I don't know yet about the 4 x 18 tire, will try that later this week, sure looks like there is plenty of clearence.

Note to self: Bantams don't run well when the water is up to the gas tank.

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

Group,

For anyone interested in going to a 4x18" rear tire on your Bantam. The Cub swingarm is definitely a direct bolt up but there are issues. The shock mounts are a different size, brake has a different action lever and position holder. Fit of the 4x18 tire is close but the sprocket alignment seems O.K. You are probably going to need to add links to your chain also. Email me direct if you would like further information.

Next project is putting a '76 Yamaha, MX125 complete front end on this bike.

Alan