Newby To Bike Rack

smalley250

Always used bike trialer but recently purchased as new bike rack. I have an Astra Sxi coupe and a Beta bike which seems ok on back of car but the bike seems to move somewhat to me ie flexing of the rack i guess. Is this ok i dont believe it will hit the car but i feel uncomfortble with the moving and find myself looking in the rear view mirror with dread. :guinness:

i was just the same when i first used a rack but you will get use to it and your confidence will improve the more you use it, :guinness:

just make sure you strap the bike on well and forget about it,

i always put a strap across the middle of the bike and down to the rack, another strap around the back wheel and upright, and a strap from the handelbars down to the rack near the front wheel never had the bike touch the car and always in the same position when i get to the trial

I felt un easy when i 1st started transporting my bike with a rack, it felt like my heart was in my mouth, and when i went over a bumb, i would stop breathing.. :guinness: Until it stoppped swaying. I have a ratchet strap going over and around the rear wheel, and a strap on the inside of the handle bars , slightly compressing the front suspension... Just chill mate and you will be fine... and also the bike will be fine !!

• 3 weeks later...