First Broken Finger!

jza

Not quite a broken finger as such and certainley no pins! But here is what I done

DSCF0235.jpg

as for the hand guards......... don`t do it!

Just get back on the bike and ride the chances of the same thing happening twice? very minimal

how the hell did you do that? sproket/disc or something?

I did something similar a few years ago, but left ring finger! (and wasn't on me bike either!)

Had a spiral fracture, needed pinning.

After the op, whole hand will hurt like 'ell for a day or two. Soon you'll be used to it, the bandages will start to smell (lovely!!) and you'll be thouroughly p****d off! Bandages should be changed 2-4 weeks, pins out 6-8 weeks. I would leave it another month after that 'till you've got full movement back, another few weeks for the strength to build up again! As soon as you feel comfortable, keep flexing the finger and wiggling it as much as you can to try and keep blood flowing, strength up etc! I would leave it at least a month after pins out before you ride again, just to let all the bones harden as much as possible - think it takes about 6 months for a bone to harden properly (correct me if i'm wrong!!)

Best of luck, and enjoy the half hour of anasthetic!!

Pete.

from the op itll be about 6 months for the bone to 'consolidate' but itll be strong enough to do most things with after about 8 weeks if the bone heals well.

i broke my leg riding motocross, i had a spiral fractred tibia and a clean break on my fibia. i was nailed, i was back at work after 6 weeks and i was walking on it without crutches after 8 weeks, just for short periods untill it ached, then id use crutches.

as soon as the docs say to use it, use it! theres nothing worse than imobilising limbs to slow down healing!