97 Techno Tunung

techno98

I would like to tune my 97 techno to get the most power that i can out of it but i have no idea where to start as there are so many options, activ reeds bigger carb, timing advance and so on. I was wondering whether any of you guys would be able to give me any advice on what to do and what effect it will have on the bike. any usefull ideas are appreciated (except for any smart a*** comments from beta boy)

techno98 - There are a lot of places to start, but you can go off the deep end pretty quickly - go ahead and try the advanced timing to see what you think, then I would opt for a more measured approach... something like:

• Fresh set of rings with a light cylinder hone
  • Try Aktive AND Boyessen reeds - Aktive is better for bottom end and Boyessen is better for more power.
  • Thinner head gasket (if available)

The other options are cylinder porting but you can end up with something you don't like if done by the inexperienced - and your only recourse at that time would be a whole new top end to get back to zero.

I think a combination of fresh rings, reeds, and hotter timing might surprise you.