Exhaust Not Sealed

73anth

i have fumes coming from the push in part of my exhaust on my 2000 250 gas gas, is there a gasket / seal or something that needs replacing, or might it sort itself if i take it apart and put it back together?

also, ive just bought the bike and it was described as a "txt 250cc gas gas 2000". on the tank it says "249 "and on the frame "2000".

are there any other types of bikes from that year , as i bought a replacement air filter for it today, and it looks like its the wrong way round?

will have to check tomorrow as bike is not kept at home

cheers anth

Edited by 73anth

Hi,

Jon here, I write a lot of the tech articles for Trials Competition News in the U.S. For a lot of good information on the Gas-Gas models, including the code for the VIN that will tell you exactly what bike you have go to: http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html which is Jim Snell's site (he's the importer for Gas-Gas parts in the U.S.) and has a lot of info that will be handy for you.

As for the "push in part" of the exhaust, I'm assuming you mean the mid-muffler/headpipe junction, which usually has two special oval type o-rings. I usually seal that area with high-temp Silicone and be sure to let it cure overnight.

Cheers.

Jon