Clutch Trouble!

seandellear

Hi all,

The past few trials my clutch (gasgas 06 125) has been dragging a fair bit! It does not matter whether the bike is hot or cold it is the same either way! Im running the reccomended elf lub htx 740 in the gearbox, and although the clutch is pretty much drag free with fresh oil in it, after two or three trials the clutch is dragging again! So today I wipped the cover off, took the plates out cleaned them and checked the pack width, it is 9.80 mm which is smack bang in the middle of the tolerances allowed!

The clutch hass also become fairly heavy, I can still operate it one fingered but it does get hard work by the end of the day! All my mates bikes all have very light clutches especially compared to mine! I have blead the system nemerous times, using the coventional method and using a large syringe to back fill! (yes, mineral hydraulic fluid was used!lol) This has filled the system with fresh fluid and I'm very confident there is no air left in it! :banana2:

I am using the standard long lever on aswell and is adjusted right out so I can just get it with one finger and with the samll amount of play so it can't be that! The seals all seem perfect aswell!

I did notice alot of clutch plate debris in there (even after very frequent oil changes!) and that was like a paste so I have cleaned this all out now! Any chance this was cauing the drag?

I bought this bike new in november last year and I also had clutch trouble with my old 03 gasser and put new plates in that and ran it on atf! But I love the action of the clutch with the Elf oil so don't really want to change!

Any help would be fantastic as I am starting to get very p****d off with the gassers at the moment!lol

Cheers,

Sean :blink:

Edited by seandellear

check the clutch outer spring with vernier should be between 4.4mm and 4.5mm. if this is out of tolerence it will make clutch heavy.

Yep the spring is fine and dandy!

I really am stuck on this big time and would love to get it sorted, So please please help anyone!

Cheers then!

Sean