Jack Wood Trial

Ok mate here we go ....

low bradfield head to high bradfield. at juc ( the horns pub ) turn left and follow the road up and out of high bradfield.

appx 1/2 mile from pub take a right turn at a fork in the road.

take next right follow lane onto a t-junction and turn right again .

follow this road and you will see the road markers to lumbush..

there are also road markers from Oughtibridge if that is any help. have a good trial and dont give the observer on section 14 a hard time .

cheers Leggins

Ralphs going :D confirmed today, we will have to leave at a about 5.30 from here, first stop Tesco Express for Red Bull and cakes, remember the clocks going forward Saturday night though :o really looking forward to the Trial :thumbup:

Edited by Betarev3

I'll come and say hello Leggins if your on 14, I will be riding with a rather elderly gentleman (Dad) on a 4rt who finds it impossible to put his foot down up North :thumbup:

Nice one , yeah give me a shout mate . I bet your Dad will find loads of places to put his feet down on,t Jack Wood . Its a fantastic trial . I know I did while scrubbing in last weekend .... If Dougie pumpkin sees that last sentance he,s bound to have some smart r,s comment about my lack of balance :D

cheers Leggins

Leggins, hes not me real Dad, we just call him that because hes like one to all us lot (looks out for us and full of good tips) top bloke :D if theres a right bloody awkward section that most will three or five he will clean it guaranteed, he just does nt give bugger all away especially now hes got a new 4rt.

See you there mate

Edited by Betarev3

Hi Leggins, thanks for the directions :icon_salut: just so we dont get lost can you let us know the road name on the attachment I ve done, from your directions looks like its off the Onesmoor road.

Thanks, see you tomorrow mate :thumbup: please tell Ralph how smart he looks as well when he arrives :thumbup: hes got new kit

What a Trial :thumbup: and to be honest one of the best one day events I have done. First time for me and had heard stories about how hard the last ten sections are up the river kwai but thank fully not as bad as I had been led to beleive :thumbup: Dropped loads but had some good rides and a great day doing quite a hard Trial and a really good mix of sections. Well done to all concerned observers and organisors :thumbup: another event to book into for next year. In the end only me,dad and ralph went up, dad went up last night me and ralph drove this morning leaving at 5.30 from Oxford. Had a great laugh all day and the weather really picked up about lunch time after a very cold and foggy start to the Trial. Took us 7 and a half hours to complete think we just scraped in on time hopefully, no queues all day and everyone friendly as always up North :thumbup: Had a real Geoff Capes moment mid Trial when I started my bike and the throttle stuck wide open and disengaged the clutch firing me off a stream bank into the other side :rotfl: at 50 mph, made Ralph p*** himself laughing but could have been nasty if the drop had been any bigger than the four footer I launched off. Said hi to leggins from here, sorry if i was nt very chatty but I had just fived an easy section before and promptly made a mess of yours as well :wall: . Got back to Oxford at 9.30, so a pretty long day for us all but well worth the effort.

Many thanks Hillsborough MCC, Top event and highly recommended to all.

Edited by Betarev3

Glad you enjoyed the famous Jack Wood trial .The lads at the Hillsborough club have spent weeks setting 50 sections with Dave " haggis " knaggs leading the way. I havent got the results yet but I did hear our local star Lee Sampson had lost just 7 :thumbup: . That would have beat me after the first 2 sections :thumbup:

So now I know who you are Betarev3 as you where the only one to make a mess of my section ( section 14 you know the one nicknamed the M1 ) only joking mate It took loads of marks in both classes.

Nice to also meet you Gissa5..... trials central one big happy family in cyber space

Cheers Leggins

ps when last seen DOUGIE PUMPKIN was seen scouring the country lanes of high Bradfield looking for the carpark.......LOST :thumbup:

.... If Dougie pumpkin sees that last sentance he,s bound to have some smart r,s comment about my lack of balance :thumbup:

cheers Leggins

What F***** Balance :thumbup: Everytime i have seen Leggins ride, he has been flying better than Christopher Reeves in Superman :rotfl:

ps when last seen DOUGIE PUMPKIN was seen scouring the country lanes of high Bradfield looking for the carpark.......LOST :wall:

Tw*t :thumbup:

Only Joking mate..

I just had a real crap day that just kept getting worse and worse. After about section 20 my heart was just not in it , and i was not enjoying myself at all , so when i got to section 31 or 32 i just jacked it in.. Nothing wrong with the venue or sections , they were superb. I Got to the enterance of the KWAI and had to find my way back to the car park.. I have no idea how i found it , but i did eventually.

I would also like to thank everyone that organised the event..Hats off to them :thumbup: