The 'other Side' Of The 'other Side'

city trials

This is about as far as the other side I could find. Can anyone tell me why the british media - or shall I say paparazzi are in Chicago covering the Lord Conrad Black trial?

Why is this guy a big deal, other than being a billion dollar media mogul crook?

And how are they going to find a jury of 12 peers? The only other billionaire I know like him in Chicago is Oprah.

Oh, and speaking of paparazzi, I'm told no one got a photo of him entering or leaving the federal courthouse. Maybe I gotta go down there today and show the brits how it's done?

Eh? I've been working from home in the past couple of weeks and have had BBC News 24 on in the background pretty much all the time and I've never heard of this guy. No mention in the newspapers either (well, the ones that I read anyway). Can't see anything on the BBC or ITV web sites either.

With all this exaggeration and hyperbole you should consider a career in politics :rotfl::D

he brought one of a major newspapers (the Telegraph), brought his title (well not quite) and ingratiated himself with the Tory party for most of the 1990s before falling into disgrace. IIRC he also owned a major Israeli paper and several North American papers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, Lord Black. He bot the title, and in doing so had to renounce his Canadian citizenship. He now wants it back, 'cause if he is convivted the "hard time in the Big House" will be much easier on a Canadian citizen,he would try to serve his time here. He is a poofter of the highest degree, IMHO. He is the Lord of Bar Harbour, the only territory that would sell him the title. Reputedly a hole, perhaps someone more familiar with the area can shed some light. But his daughter is kinda cute. This topic is so far off topic I expect iminent punting.