Unicyclist, Wow!

sam

Just walked in from riding with a Unicyclist, WOW!

I just can not believe the stuff this kid can ride, like jumping from the center of a log pile out and over with a 4' drop. If you have not ridden with a uni rider you be amazed of the stuff they attempt and make!

I just can not believe it.

Well, now I'm headed out to dig a grave for my motorcycle, it's over!

I've been riding this huge log pile for months, trying to get the final clean, then this youngster shows up and on the first try gets a clean.

It changes a mans mind rapidly, my wife keeps telling me to take up gardening, maybe its time!

sam I'am with chickens that lay green eggs!

• 4 weeks later...

Sam, were you watching Isaac L. ? He is amazing. Not afraid to try anything! He did a show for me a couple months ago. Did you know he has dropped from the roof of his house??!!! Has it on video somewhere. Sounds like your event went well over the weekend.

Yes, Issac L. is the kid.

The event I had Sat. was way fun! I had 23 riders show and they had a blast.

Pat Smage placed 3 over all in the expert class, Wow the kid can ride, I think there was at least a doz. riders in the expert class.

A 39 year old guy named Jim Keck won the sport class.

Over all only 2 unicyclist showed, the rest in are area which consist of another 5 all had school functions.

Now that I think about it the guy who won beginner was probaly 40's,

riding a old monty stock that he said he bought years ago from Ryan at Cosmo Motors.

I'm going to try to host a 2 day event yet this summer, it is way to much fun.

I think the motorcycle trials people in the US should take more notice of these bike trials people, it is very easy to obtain Insurance and host a event!

When I hold my next bike trials event which may be in July I'm going to bring 2 or 3 Moto-trials bikes and put them on display and try to promote the motorcycle trials to them. I had at least 3 riders asking many questions on price of motos and where they could compete in moto-comps!

One thing is for sure the money these guys have in bike trials bikes and parts is not much less than they would spend on a decent used motorcycle.

Anyhows Chris, I just flew into Florida last night to ride back with my snowbird parents, I have 19 hours to mentaly prepare myself for the Flint comp Sunday. This time I hope my head plants will be more controlled over them big ugly Michigan logs and we must remember to take are snorkels, this is the moto-trials grounds with the bottomless creek!

See you Sunday!

sam

Yes, Issac L. is the kid.

The event I had Sat. was way fun! I had 23 riders show and they had a blast.

Pat Smage placed 3 over all in the expert class, Wow the kid can ride, I think there was at least a doz. riders in the expert class.

A 39 year old guy named Jim Keck won the sport class.

Over all only 2 unicyclist showed, the rest in are area which consist of another 5 all had school functions.

Now that I think about it the guy who won beginner was probaly 40's,

riding a old monty stock that he said he bought years ago from Ryan at Cosmo Motors.

I'm going to try to host a 2 day event yet this summer, it is way to much fun.

I think the motorcycle trials people in the US should take more notice of these bike trials people, it is very easy to obtain Insurance and host a event!

When I hold my next bike trials event which may be in July I'm going to bring 2 or 3 Moto-trials bikes and put them on display and try to promote the motorcycle trials to them.  I had at least 3 riders asking many questions on price of motos and where they could compete in moto-comps!

One thing is for sure the money these guys have in bike trials bikes and parts is not much less than they would spend on a decent used motorcycle.

Anyhows Chris, I just flew into Florida last night to ride back with my snowbird parents, I have 19 hours to mentaly prepare myself for the Flint comp Sunday. This time I hope my head plants will be more controlled over them big ugly Michigan logs and we must remember to take are snorkels, this is the moto-trials grounds with the bottomless creek!

See you Sunday!

sam

Hey Sam,

Did I mention that I bought a unicycle last saturday at a yard sale for $2.00????

Not a trials unicycle, just a plain old unicycle. Kind of rusty. That thing is very, very difficult to learn to ride!! I'm giving it a couple of minutes a day (and i"m going to start wearing my moto helmet too I think..)

--

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe

Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia

Flash Senior Escalation Engineer

Owner, soon-to-be-renamed TEAM MEGAMO MIDWEST

Webmaster: http://www.wisconsintrials.org http://www.madisonmotorcycleclub.org http://www.megamousa.com

• 2 months later...

theres someone whos just started riding rode 4 trials so far. he used to ride mx and use to ride unicycles. hes riding our hardest route (expert) and i should have thought he won it on sunday he was the only one to clean my dads section 4 times onlyone other cleaned it and he did it twice. This rider can hop and balance and is incredible .now considering get a unicycle to improve my trials.