Fantic 205 New Clutch Slipping!

iains1976

Hi all,

I recently fitted a new clutch to my fantic 205. It still slips like a wet fish!

Any ideas??

Its got non synthetic oil in it and i have tried the adjustment on the lever but no change. Is there an internal adjustment? There is nothing on the other end of the cable but someone said the rod might need adjusted? What and where is the "rod" !!??

Iain

www.power-images.co.uk

motorsport and event photography

The clutch operating rod adjustment is the slot and lock nut in the middle of the clutch pressure plate (surrounded by the 5 clutch springs) backoff the locknut and turn slot anticlock to make more freeplay, then lock up nut. Easier to do with clutch cover off, although can be done through inspection hole in centre of clutch cover, the round disc about the size of 10p with slot in). I could go into clutch arm anglearity, but just back of slot half a turn, that should do it.

Edited by ask greeves

it sounds like its springs to me if you have a way of measuring them against the manufacturers guidelines for servicable limits you can check but if not its best to just replace keep us all informed either way we will try and help :icon_salut: