Getting Old!

shercrazy

i'm sorry but this stuff about lane is getting old!why aren't people talking about upcoming events or where they are? you guys are hung up on one person and obviously he is probably reading it and growing angry or happy or a bigger ego? let it go! get down to business at hand! if he's gone then good bye! not lets bash him for a while and make him feel special! if you talk of him you must care! thats what people thrive on (reaction). let it go ! good bye! think of subjects at hand! the season is starting and all i hear about is lane this and lane that, f#$@k him! worry about you or your team! cause obviously the only thing an american can win is a national title! is it cause you are worried about every one else? our terrain and sections are tough, or maybe you have other stuff on your minds? sorry to sound blunt but we have a lot of great talent just in p.a., but no one puts forth the effort? guess it's cause it's like a second job? don't know but i've been reading about lane for a while now! let it go!..................................................john

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the topic title I thought, "now there's a topic I can get into!" I am for darn sure getting old! I realize there are loads of guys who are older than me who will testify that it isn't a bed of roses when you can't hardly walk, and think you're going to ride your trials bike up some giant rock or something. Sometimes I just feel lucky to be able to get through an ordinary day. Getting old, now there is a good topic! Shercrazy, why don't you tell us a bit about getting old? :thumbup:

Edited by JayLael

I am always amazed just how good many of the old guys are!

After laying off riding for nearly twenty years, I did not start riding trials untill THIS decade!

And so the old guys routinely kick my butt!

For some reason, I don't feel as bad getting beat by the kids! :thumbup:

I'll be eligable for our Vet(over 50) class next year, and I could not hang with that croud!

Those thirty something year old guys really hate it when I beat them. I am 48 by the way. One guy (Odus)whined, "Jay Lael can't hardly even walk, but he can still kick my a$$!" That always feels good.

In my motocross club (VDR) there are at least two guys over 50 who are faster than anybody youngsters included. Nevermind they are both legends in the sport. (Randy Skyver and Doug Hafsos) Some guys age better than others. I have seen guys who have lost their hair and have a big gut by age 25 and these other guys who look like super men at 50. I have lost the best part of my hearing at this point, and use reading glasses for close up work, and can hardly walk due to so many injuries. That is tough to get used to. I wonder if a hip replacement surgery is in my future. :thumbup:

Just take a half bottle of Advil, Jay! Always works for me!

Nothing hurts, except my knees,,,, of course my lower back still, well nevermind that bit, my neck does give a little problem. And then there is the old right shoulder!

Just forget I said anything! :thumbup:

Right Copey, I'll try some Advil. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with some physical issues. Today I am going in to get fitted for hearing aids.

"Eh, sonny? Can't quite hear ya' properly."

Now it's my turn to look silly.

I used to laugh at my dad when he said how "sore" he was after a trial or whatever but I tell you what I'm starting to believe him. I dislocated my shoulder playing ice hockey years ago and it never bothered me but every time I pull on my kit these days my shoulder hurts......maybe it's psychosematicall in the head... :thumbup::thumbup:

this age thing is terrible...