Getting Old!

shercrazy

I've done my share of semi drunken trials riding. I find it helps with overcoming the fear of larger obstacles, problem is your lack of fear is misplaced, because you are actually in MORE danger! I seem to recall Ben Hircock sr. at the club property jumping a TY mono up an undercut 30 foot rock face, 3rd gear pinned over and over again. I wonder if alcohol was a factor. It would have to be to get me doing something that dangerous. Tell us some details Taff. Perhaps you can change the names to protect the innocent. ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D 46 and think like a 16yr.old ,,,feel like a 80yr.old. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has to down advil and sample a few beverages before and after a ride.

If I wasn't such a puter dork,I'd post a few pics of what happens to a Beta after 7-8 Beck's Dark,and over-confident beginner,attempting to hop a rotten mushy 3ft.tall stump. :lol:;):wall:

:wall: As I sit here getting older by the second ... at 46 and raising 3 kids on my own , the eldest 13 ! I am thankful for every breath I take and wish I had taken better care of myself when younger !!!!

But after a 30 year hiatus from trials (but not bikes , alot of desert racing) , I came across the 83 240 pro that I bought for $200.00 w/a parts

bike and have rediscovered what made me love bikes in the first place !!!

And I am most thankful for the ITSA . (www. twinshock.org) for giving someone like me who has major responsabilitys every monday morning,

A place to go and do something just for me , with like minded folks , who enjoy the finesse of no hop , no stop , run what ya brung trials !!!

One of the best things for me at a ITSA event is watching some of the older gents on triumphs , arials , bsa's etc , riding so smooth and gracefully with a big smile under their helmet , and hoping when my kids are in college I can find a cub to build for some fun !!!

I may only get to go compete once or twice a year but my kids seem to understand that I have to do something just for me , once in awhile...

And yes being a certified master mech. in todays world running a busy 1 man shop (w/apprentice) My body and brain hurt almost everyday !

Except when I'm working on or riding my faithful italian sweetheart !!!

Glenn

And it's great mental therapy too !!!