Video Editing

the addict

Anyone know of a good easy to use and free video editing programme I can download :blink: Ive got quite abit of footage including stars like Wiggy,Jack Lee, and Ralph on tape and would like to edit it down abit etc so I can post it. Hope to take the camera out abit more this summer if I can work out how to make short films

Just

I'd recommend Pinnacle studio 10.Its not free but i got one from Ebay USA for about $25.00 i think and it is far better and easier to use than windows movie maker and you can burn to DVD which you can't with windows.You do need alot of hard drive space and a far amount of ram to run it though.How do you post your videos here?

Edited by bigdamo

• 4 weeks later...

Take it from me and up-grade both your RAM, and hard drive space! Video is a space and compute cycle hog. You need as much ram as you can stuff in your machine as well as as much HDD space as you can afford. My workstation is a MAC Pro and has a Terrabyte of ram, and quad processors, and a terrabyte of storage (HDD space). And I am still wanting more speed! I am only editing on FinalCUt Pro HD too, If I was using Avid I would need even more. But, I am at a different level than you as I do this for a living....but you still need a ton of ram and HDD space.

a Terrabyte of ram

Erm... just how many memory slots does this supercomputer have?

I don;t know, it is a MAC pro. I actually never opened it yet! I'll look. I shoot and edit viedeo, I have a system guy who does the computer systems to our specifications....

OK, I looked, it has 16G of ram! It has 2 terrabytes of storage..HDD drive space for video and audio. My mistake.

http://www.apple.com/macpro/ here it is and mine is only 2TB of storage.

Edited by SniperX