Box Of Bits.

jon v8

A TY175 in bits was delivered today,what do I do with it ? Firstly I was really taken with that lovely 200 Majesty at the Classic dirt bike show at Malvern.How much better is the Majesty frame than the standard one ? As the bike I have just bought is totally stripped,(down to hubs and spokes !) I can go in any direction when I build it.Who does the 200 big bore conversion and is it worth it ?

I spoke to Craig Mawlem at the last Bath classic trial re one of his frame kits to do my other 250,same again I wonder how much better they are than the standard one,I really like my standard one - cant believe how well it steers and grips,sorry to dribble on but I have yet to ride a Majesty,Mr Mawlem kindly offered me a ride on his which I hope to do at the next oppertunity,but other opinions would be a great help.

A TY175 in bits was delivered today,what do I do with it ? Firstly I was really taken with that lovely 200 Majesty at the Classic dirt bike show at Malvern.How much better is the Majesty frame than the standard one ? As the bike I have just bought is totally stripped,(down to hubs and spokes !) I can go in any direction when I build it.Who does the 200 big bore conversion and is it worth it ?

I spoke to Craig Mawlem at the last Bath classic trial re one of his frame kits to do my other 250,same again I wonder how much better they are than the standard one,I really like my standard one - cant believe how well it steers and grips,sorry to dribble on but I have yet to ride a Majesty,Mr Mawlem kindly offered me a ride on his which I hope to do at the next oppertunity,but other opinions would be a great help.

The frame kits that Craig is now selling are made on the jig used for the last of the 250/320 Majesty frames. These frames differ in many ways from the TY250 frame. The wheelbase is longer, the motor is higher, the swingarm is longer, the footpegs are much lower relative to the motor and the shockies are mounted to provide about 6.5 inches of rear travel. The overall effect is a bike that has much better ground clearance, much better rear suspension action, better balance, better stability, more room between the pegs and handlebars and very similar steering. The only thing that is not quite as good as the TY250 framed bike is the front wheel takes a slightly wider line in tight turns due to the longer wheelbase.

The other frame you are talking about I'm not sure if you are looking at a mini-Majesty framed bike or a Majesty framed bike. The Majesty 200 frame is the same as the 250/320 except for the differences needed to mount the 175 motor. The Mini-Majesty is a completely different frame that is much smaller and uses the Ty175 swingarm. The mini-Majesty suits riders of small stature and is very light.

Newly made full-sized Majesty frame kits to suit TY175 running gear are available through France Trial Classic.

NOS Mini Majesty frames are available through Craig Mawlem.

Thanks for that,I didnt realise that the 200 /175 Majesty used the same basic frame as the 250/320.And that the mini Majesty was indeed smaller,in that case there is not much point in me doing a 200 Majesty for myself as the spare 250 I have would be easier to make up into a new bike with one of Mr Mawlems frames.I'll probably leave the 175 under the bench for a few years till my son will need it.When I get a chance to try Mr Mawlems bike,then I'll make a decision as to wether its too good to not do it.