4rt Valve Adjustment Manual Error?

fantic156

Following on from the error in the manual on dip stick screwed in or out when checking the engine oil level. I'm about to check the valve clearance for the first time. The manual states "aline the T mark on the flywheel with the index mark on the left crankcase cover" But I've come across this service bulletin click here

Which one is right?? :)

Following on from the error in the manual on dip stick screwed in or out when checking the engine oil level. I'm about to check the valve clearance for the first time. The manual states "aline the T mark on the flywheel with the index mark on the left crankcase cover" But I've come across this service bulletin click here

Which one is right?? :)

.................oops, missed this one!...............whats the story on dip stick reading ????

Which one is right?? :o

Doesn't sound correct to me, when I checked my valves from new it was on the T mark and the clearances were correct. The T mark is TDC and this would be normal position for most motors to check valves and both of my bikes have been set at the book clearance when on the T mark and have always run top notch (whereas the Utah bulletin says bike will run badly if at all!!).

Reckon it would be worth asking Sandifords for clarification.

What has happened to the ferret flasher?? he always had all the tech answers.

I have also always set my oil level as in the manual with the dip stick unscewed and never had any oil dramas at all since 05.

Thanks for the replies. I phoned sandifords to double check and have been told that the manual is correct set the timing on the 'T' mark. Interestingly they also say the manual is correct for checking the oil, 440cc is a guide, set the level to the marks on the dipstick with the dipstick resting on top of the first thread.