Kiehin On A Sherco

copemech

Many have asked in the past what hose to use from the carb to airbox on a Kiehin install. I have found a nice little premade hose that works well. It is a strong and reinforced intake hose.

It is an aircraft part(intake hose) that fits Rolls Royce/ TCM Contental C-75 through C-90 and O-200 engines, maybe others. The TCM part number is 22800, or Superior Air Parts SA-22800.

Available thorugh most any small aricraft mechanic or mailorder aircraft supply for about $2 US

Hose fits the carb inlet soo tightly that a clamp is not neccessary(old one will not fit anyway) and is proper length, fits to airbox nicely.

I would post a piccie, but it looks like a hose! ;)

Cheers,

Well done Copemech, I've got to say I'm impressed, actually I'm really bl**dy impressed, how on earth did you find a part to fit, are you an aircraft technician by any chance? I used to think along the lines of trying washing machine hose, but Rolls Royce aircraft engine parts, now that's at a different level all together. Well done mate, you deserve a couple of pints for this find. ;);)

Edited by John.B

Thanks John, and yes, I have had a lot of piston engine aircraft experience, which helps, combined with spending the first half of my life working on MX'ers and such.

I put the Keihin on the '07 this weekend just to try, works well, but all I can say is that my well tuned Dellorto is just as smooth but a bit less powerful throughout the range, suits me better! So it went back on.

Some will tell you they use the Kiehin's on the dry grippy rocks and the Dellorto in the wet and mud. I tend to agree with this strategy. All personal choice, don't think either would help ME up a really big ledge! I need an elevator or the handicap ramp! ;)

I should also note that on the '07, there seems to be no clearance between the larger(disfunctional) fuel tank and the top of the carb. Makes the already poor fit of the tank even worse as you have to really cram it! The bottom hits(as always) and now the top hits!

It will go, but I would much rather see the Spanyards get their heads out of their asses on the fuel tank fitting. I think they should retro all of them at no charge! Maybe they could work upon the airbox and mudguard fit as well, All falls upon deaf ears it seems! If they could just make a few small adjustments! ;)

Edited by copemech