04 Rev 3

bigfoot

Two of my mates just bought new 04 Rev 3's. One is fine but the other appears not to have any rebound damping. It's therefore very springy and difficult to ride. I don't know much about the Beta forks so any help would be great. Is one leg bump and one rebound like my gasser or something completely different?

Before anyone asks I haven't checked the fluid levels yet.

Hi Bigfoot,

The forks are different than GasGas forks. On the Beta, the spring preload adjustment is on the left side and the rebound damping is on the right. It might be as simple as somebody screwed the rebound damping all the way out. For a 170 lb rider (thereabouts) the adjustments should be in the middle of the range. I weigh 175 and have never changed mine from stock, since they seem just about right for me.

After that, you may be right about the oil level.

-Ron

Sorry to hijack this thread, :D but I am also going to do my forks, probably this weekend.

I did a search and found what Billy T mentioned about using 2.5 in the re-bound and 5 weight in the compression. Do you think this will work well for a 170 lb person?

I also know a couple of people using ATF in the forks. I have not seen any thing on here about that. The people I