Need Part# For Pinky Spark Plug

stench

My new to me pinky isn't running right, sputters for a bit then surges with the power coming back on. I'm going to cleam out the carb but would like to have some spare plugs for future problems.

So which model plug will work best with this bike, someone posted a B6ES plug cause it runs hotter, but also read somewhere the B8ES works too.

What is the stock plug #, and what should I be running with, maybe a hotter one?

Thanks Guys.

The best plug for the Yam is an Iridium BPR6EIX, the P stands for protuding nose which you can get away with, however the most important thing is that you run an R plug. R stands for resistor and is essential when using cdi ignition as it cuts out interference from the plug.

So the standard plug is a BR6ES but the the best is a BPR6EIX.

Have a look at www.sparkplugs.co.uk loads of good gen on there and cheap too! :D

Edited by Hughesy

Thanks guys! totally cleaned out the carb last night, installed new plug NGK B6ES, and filled with new fuel mix.

She runs great now, except for the throttle cable seems to be sticky sometimes.

Does anybody know the part number for the throttle cable cause I don't have a manual just yet??