Starting New (to Me) Sherco 2.9?

whiplash

Hi all,

Last July, I bought a beautiful Sherco two-cycle 2.9 (2004 or 2005 model). I have no manual, no dealer, and no idea how to start the thing. I had it going once this winter, but that, it seems, was sheer luck. I have never had or ridden a two cycle before, so they are strange creatures to me.

Whether the choke lever was up or down seemed to make no difference while starting or riding, so I never figured out what the proper drill was for starting.

It

sherco moto website is helpful the better one is RYPUSA, go on there and see how you get on.

Starting is easy, best get a new plug and fresh gas then choke up a few kicks and she will start, warm it up gently and then shut the choke off, away you go.

1 choke up to start

2 just a little throttle to start

3 no on switch

4 should be able to swap plug ok once loosened do it by hand? to take the tank off is one bolt, so if you are working on it do that?

new plug and gas is the way to go. Check you have a nice spark?

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Thanks so much, Nigel.

I'll give it a try ASAP.

fingers crossed!

Whip

sherco moto website is helpful the better one is RYPUSA, go on there and see how you get on.

Starting is easy, best get a new plug and fresh gas then choke up a few kicks and she will start, warm it up gently and then shut the choke off, away you go.

1 choke up to start

2 just a little throttle to start

3 no on switch

4 should be able to swap plug ok once loosened do it by hand? to take the tank off is one bolt, so if you are working on it do that?

new plug and gas is the way to go. Check you have a nice spark?

Thank you gasgasssser, I think my leg will have recovered by this weekend, so I'll kick it some more using your advice, along with previous.

I live in BC, so there's fantastic riding here. Can't wait!!

Cheers,

Whip

NEVER use any throttle to start.With the choke on you get a fast idle any way.Two or three kicks should be enough.Should be able to run without choke after 10/15 secs :D