Sherco Filter 2007

gasgasian

Anyone advice on oiling Sherco filter, my normal method is wash it then dry, then spray Putoline filter spray on inside, then put in carrier bag and massage it in. I ran out of spray and used 2 stroke oil recently with same method, all running well, but now bike seems a bit "loadey" with spray on it! Do you think less oil, spray little on it then massage?? maybe run almost dry??

What do you think??

Regards,

Ian

I always think too much is better than too little as the results of too little can do damage.

Regular oil is better than no oil, but the "tacky" filter oils always seem to stay in place and catch dust and dirt better where regular oil will migrate to the bottom.

And the "liquid" filter oils seem to better than the spray on's, just squeeze out the excess, NoToil is the current fav!

I also run a screen to keep the big crap out that collects in the bottom of the filter. :beer:

I'll have to get a pic to explain it. But it also prevents you from having to wash the filter soo often by keeping the leaves and twigs out, thereby extending filter life. Aids in prevention of water entry too!

But you are still best advised to pull the mudguard and filter and stuff the filter hole prior to washing the bike. I now have a closed cell foam plug to fit the filter hole as a cleaning tool! But I cannot rely on that alone, as you ALWAYS need to get a light and inspect the lowest point of the filter housing for water and dirt which usually does not get there from riding,(unless you are playing submarine) but the cleaning of the bike! :banana2: