Watch Out For This

bigfoot

A new device has been introduced to the marketplace that is a huge danger to anyone who uses a PC that is not theirs. It is known as a key tracker and it sits between the keyboard and the PC. As can be seen in the pictures it is very discreet but is probably one of the most dangerous items of equipment to personal information that is readily available. These devices record every key that is pressed on the keyboard. Due to its position (it sits between the keyboard and the PC) the information is logged by the tracker before the PC knows about it and as such is very difficult for the PC to detect. They are available in both USB and PS2 formats so pretty much any PC can be logged. The user puts the tracker in line, leaves it there for a set amount of time and then retrieves it. They can then download the data onto their own PC.

If you intend to use a PC that is not yours (ie hotel business centre, internet caf

post-25-1180455023.png

post-25-1180455045.png

I've seen software ones before but this one can be plugged in anywhere and then removed without any login access to the PC what so ever.

I'm sorry if its old news but like me others may not have seen it and its so easy to look for before sharing at public PC.

That particular item will not affect any Dell systems (can only speak for business) after the Optiplex GX280 series, as these have USB keyboards, although I am sure that there must be a USB version.