Ty350 Front Wheel Removal

wasmeneh

Ok I've got the manual, not much help, I need to remove the front wheel on my newly acquired TY 350 to attempt to get the speedo working. Released the pinch bolt but nothing moves and I don't have the "special tool" as stated in the manual. Can someone describe the special tool to me? Is it still available? any alternatives? The bike's stored about 70 miles from me so be kind. I tried to det the axel off yesterday and no luck. I'll be going up again Saturday and would like to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Mike

I'm assuming the 350 is the same as the 250 mono. The tool was thick sheet metal with a spanner on one end which fitted, I think, the spark plug. On the other end was a short piece of a large allen key which was used to take off the front wheel, it fitted into a socket in the axle. As far as I can remember it was a 10mm allen key, but I wouldn't bet on it, I sold my last mono ten years ago.

You can make one with an 8mm bolt and stack some nuts w/12mm heads. Best if you braze/weld them tight. Just a bolt with the right size head and vise grips has done the job .

FWIW

Thanks for the tip. Luckly I've a Harbor Freight a couple of miles from my house/ They had a whole set on sale for $13. Now I've got all the sizes I'll ever need and they're 1/2" drive

Mike

You can make one with an 8mm bolt and stack some nuts w/12mm heads. Best if you braze/weld them tight. Just a bolt with the right size head and vise grips has done the job .

FWIW