Tlr200-250

bobtlr

hey,

i have an tlr 200 and i wonder if there is a big diference whit the tlr 250. I know that the 250 has bigger bore and stroke and that the gears are a bit shorter (any diference whit the rtl 250 engine?) but is there any diference in the frame or forks? and is the 250 really a better bike to drive? (i drive twinshock trials whit the 200, planning to do the expert route next year maybe on a 250 if they are better and i can find one)

regards bob

sorry for my English but i am not used to write in English

200 compared to 250

200 has less fork travel, (and depending on model 33mm forks compared to 35mm on 250)

Shorter rear shocks, slightly different swinging arm - less shock travel(easy mod to convert - its only a tensioner mount)

Wheel hubs are smaller, rear wheel has cush drive

'Normal' 200 has alloy rims, reflex has steel rims

tank is fatter/bigger Seat is padded and side panels are not one piece with seat

Motor in 250 is as you say bigger bore / stroke and overall gear ratios are slightly different (if my memory is correct)

Otherwise not much different!

So if i mount a 250 engine in a 200 frame (have 35mm front forks and longer rearshocks 41cm falcons) and put one of those fancy tank seat combinations i have a pretty and competitive trials machine ? my 200 is a fine bike but it lacks power and torque or whould id be wiser to look for an complete tlr 250?

• 2 weeks later...

have 35mm front forks and longer rearshocks 41cm falcons

TLR250 forks are different - more travel, I noticed this when rebuilding a set of 200 and 250 forks at same time.

With your 410mm shocks does the chain tensioner mount not hit the bottom of the frame?

this happens when you fit a 200 swinging arm to a 250 frame - the tensioner bracket is slightly different(nothing 5 minutes with a grinder and welder wont cure)