Tlr 250

amarshall

I'm guessing that you're talking about a 1985 TLR 250 F??

Maybe the tickover screw is wrong and isn't long enough to get the idle high enough??

Let me know if we're working with the 1985 model and I can get you the carb spec's and we can go from there.

Bryan

Are you sure the timing is correct?

Unless the engine has been stripped and badly put together the timing can not have moved

The ignition timing is fixed on a TLR - unless you are in to serious mods eg stepped woodruff key, moving cdi pickups etc.

In addition the valve timing can only be changed by repositioning a drive sprocket on the crankshaft or slotting the cam sprocket bolts.

Check the valve clearances then strip and clean carb before trying anything else. The only way the screw - assuming its the throttle stop we are talking about rather than mixture screw, cannot go in far enough is if the spring holding it in place is too long and becomes coil bound. (If it the mixtures screw its a carb problem - blocked jet or similar, cant remember whether screw going in richens mixture or weakens it but it may also be an ait leak at manifold.)

Edited by g4321