Montesa Cota 349 Clutch Help!

betatrials99

We have just had our Montesa Cota 349 (1983 model i think) clutch off to replace all of the plates. However on fixing it back together I have found there is a lot of play. The cogs all line up however there is a 3 legged plate which sits onto the clutch itself, which when the clutch lever is pulled, should be pressed into and therefore make the clutch work.

But this 3 legged thing presses up against the nut which holds the clutch on rather than the clutch plates and when everything is fixed together the lever doesnt disconnect it. Its as if the clutch should be sat further out (yet it meets the cogs at the back correctly) I have had it apart a few times now and everything looks ok. Any ideas?? Sorry if this sounds strange but it is difficult to explain. Thankyou.

Edited by betatrials99

Have you definetly got correct amount of plates back in the clutch assembly ? got the centre nut on correct way round?

If so i will look at my stuff and check ,i have a built up 349 clutch sitting in the garage..

S_M.