New Member From Scotland

gjbiker

Greetings from the frozen North. Have looked at this site many times and never took the time to register, daft really as there's a lot of very interesting forums to take part in.

Currently falling off a 280 pro and would like to hear from everyone but if I can find someone local to annoy that would be better ! I'm stuck in the middle of Bon Accord and Inverness clubs and have yet to decide which direction to head. Any suggestions ?

I have about an acre of field with a few 'obstacles' and (easy) sections in it but it's obviously better to broaden ones horizons if anyone local'ish' has some land to practice on. Visitors to my 'ranch' are always welcome if they fancy a day somewhere different.

My son (15) also rides (much better than me) a 125 Sherco and I'd love to see him get into the real thing. My job (offshore) being the biggest drawback when it comes to being home at the right time for getting him to the trials.

Anyhooz, I'm here now and I'm a wealth of useless information so feel free to ask as many questions as ya like ! <_<

Edited by gjbiker

Welcome, why not join both Inverness and Bon Accord . There is also the Montrose club who run no-license trials once a month which can be found in the Calendar section on here.

Maybe see you at a trial sometime.

cheers

Lee

Hi gj, welcome aboard.

As suggested you may wish to join both Inverness and Bon Accord. I would steer away from riding unlicensed trials as you would have no insurance cover if something goes wrong.

IDMCC runs trials approx. every 3 weeks or so throughout the year but mainly to the South and West of Inverness with a couple in Elgin.

Email or PM for more info if required or click the link in my sig. <_< D.

Welcome to Trials Central World gjbiker.

You will be welcome to join either Inverness and/or Bon Accord trials clubs. For the minimal cost, I would advise that you join both, why not have the best of both worlds after all.

Both the Bon Accord and Inverness & District are recognised organisations and they are SACU affiliated/registered clubs with properly authorised officials.

As idmcc sec correctly states, there is no insurance or indemnity cover provided by the recognised sporting governing body (SACU in Scotland) to organisations that are not SACU affiliated and therefore if an accident occurs, there is no protection given by the SACU insurers to non-affiliated clubs.

Details of affiliated clubs throughout Scotland by the SACU may be obtained by visiting the SACU website

www.sacu.co.uk or contacting the SACU office on 01506 858354.

Big John

Edited by Big John

Thanks for the quick response guys. I did join Bon Accord many years ago but only managed one trial as I knacked my shoulder in practice for the next one ! It's only in the last year I've started to get my confidence back again to try again. My biggest problem seems to be I'm always offshore when the trials are on ! Sods law I suppose.

Went to spectate last month at the 2 day pre 65/twinshock at Alvie and I suppose walking between sections has spurred me to actually take part again. Its so much easier on the bike !

I'd agree both clubs are within reach and both are good clubs. The two clubs run at different types of venue's. Inverness has some very spectacular venues with long laps where Bon Accord have a lot of smaller venues offering a good range of section types. I'm Bon Accord through and through and know you'd be welcomed by all. I'm sure Inverness would offer the same warm welcome (they cater well for youths too which Bon Accord struggle to do due to lack of youth riders).

There is a Bon Accord club trial this Sunday at Colpy just of the A96 through the Glens of Foudland. It should be sign posted just south of the Morgan McViegh's (sp) resturant. 11am start. Why not come alone for a look or even bring your bike, join the club get a day licence and ride. The venue is very compact in a disused quarry. You can walk to all sections in a few minutes.

I'll probably not be there but make yourself known and you'll be welcomed.